~News and Updates From The World of Fashion~

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What's Up With Beyonce?

Is this a joke?

If it's not, Beyonce is really and truly "blogging" for NY Magazine's THE CUT. Her latest update is not only obnoxious and absurd, but completely irresponsible given our current economic climate. In it she brags about dropping $11,000 in a single day of shopping:

"Hey y'all, first, I'd like to say I feel so blessed to be guest-writing on the Cut today. Blogging isn't how I usually spend my Friday afternoons, but I finished doing yoga and polishing my gloves for the day, so I don't really have anything else to do. Also, I don't know what Twitter is. I just wanted to say that I worked so hard for everything I have. It's been a long journey to the top and sometimes a girl has to stop along the way to pamper herself with a shopping trip. So I went to Pat Field and spent $11,000 the other day. Let me show you what I bought. I'd show my husband, Jay-Z, but he doesn't care. And I know my fans, for whom I am so, so thankful, will listen. To the song here in my heart. A melody I start."

(Guess she really is a Diva Diva...)

The posting was proceeded by this photo shoot of her "shopping spree."

But seriously... it must be a joke...

No comments:

Post a Comment